Parish Info

Annual Updating of the Register of Electors – information can be found below

Emergency Contact Numbers

In an emergency or if someone is in immediate danger, always call 999.

Power cut: Call 105
BT phone line issues:
Gas leak: 0800 111 999
Welsh Water: 0800 052 0130 (Water emergencies) or 0800 085 3968 (Sewer emergencies)
Severn Trent water: 0800 783 4444
Report a tree down, flooded road or highway obstruction- BBLP : 01432 261800
Flood alerts: Floodline 0345 988 1188. Sign up to get Flood Warnings from by phone, email or text message. If you live by a river or stream, keep a watch on current and expected water levels. You can see the actual water levels at different locations in the county
More information and advice can be found here:
Finally, some tips from Western Power on how you can prepare in case of a power cut:
1. Keep our telephone number handy or save it in your mobile phone (105 or 0800 6783 105) so that you can report a power cut or call for information and advice.
2. Keep a battery/solar charger handy so that you can recharge your smart phone or tablet and follow updates on social media, our online power cut map or Power Cut Reporter app.
3. Keep your freezer shut – depending on the type of freezer you have, the contents could stay frozen for up to 12 hours.
4. Check that you have a phone available that will work in a power cut – digital or cordless ones may not work.
5. Have things like a torch or lantern ready (it is best not to use candles or paraffin lights).
6. Protect sensitive electrical equipment such as computers with a surge protector plug.
7. If you have a mains-operated stair lift, check to see if there is a manual release handle that can be used to return it safely to ground level if it stops working.

Riparian owner responsibilities

Balfour Beatty have recently printed 2 guides to the responsibilities of riparian owner with regards to ditches and hedges. Details can be seen here    Riparian owner – Good maintenance guidance             Ditches and drainage – Your responsibilities

Parish Roads members of the public are encouraged to report any problems with local roads by one of two methods                                     Via the internet:  To report a local road network defect or access information on current roadworks please go to the Herefordshire Council  website at the home page find and click on the section `Travel and Transport` and from there select the sub section `Roads’.By phone:  Alternatively ring the Operations Control Centre on 01432  261800. Reporting via one of these methods ensures that issues are formally computer logged; assigned a unique reference number; assessed; and allocated to team members in accordance with the Highways Management Plan.For any matters concerning Public Rights of Way please click on the sub section ‘Highways and public rights of way’ available from the ‘Travel and Transport’ section of the Herefordshire website as above.

Fly Tipping Fly tipping is an illegal activity. The removal and disposal of waste is the responsibility of the land owner. If you see someone fly tipping or if you see a fly tip please report it to Herefordshire Council on

Hereford & Worcester Fire & Rescue Service Sky Lanterns. The HWFR discourages the use of  floating paper lanterns. These lanterns not only constitute a fire hazard but also pose a risk to livestock, agriculture, thatched properties and hazardous material sites. Whilst undoubtedly a popular sight, the potential damage they can cause is significant.

Herefordshire Rural Hub Herefordshire Rural Hub CIC is a business support organisation for farming and rural businesses across Herefordshire. Established in 2005, the Hub has grown from strength to strength and now has a reach to over 1,500 rural businesses. The Hub can give access to business development opportunities and keeps businesses and individuals up to date with information on events, funding opportunities, and rules & regulations. Go to  

West Mercia Police

New non emergency telephone number – 0300 333 3000
West Mercia Constabulary has launched a new way for the public to find out about crime in their local area. The CrimeMapper website provides an easy to use way of finding information about burglary, theft and robbery, vehicle crime, anti-social behaviour etc in your area by simply entering your postcode. Go to

Power Cut Call 105 the new three digit that people can call to report or get information about power cuts. The service is free of charge and can also be used to report concerns about overhead cables and substations.

Middleton on the Hill Parish Charity The above charity is managed by a small group of local trustees. It is their duty to manage the charity’s assets and to distribute the income from those assets annually. In accordance with the original aims of the charity the income is to be used for three purposes:

  • the Church,
  • Advancement of Education and
  • Relief in Need.

It has been the practice of recent years for the trustees to issue grants to Middleton Church, St James School, students in secondary education, senior citizens and occasional individual cases of need. It has been decided, going forward, to raise the qualifying age for senior citizens to seventy. If you live in the Middleton on the Hill parish and feel you might qualify please contact Mrs C Halls at Highlands. The charity owns three small parcels of land, two of which are occasionally available to rent by tender. If anyone is interested please contact the secretary.

Privacy Policy: Middleton on the Hill Parish Charity does not disclose grant recipient details to anyone. Names are recorded in the minutes and will be retained and eventually archived in Herefordshire’s Archive library. Any data held is used for distribution of funds.